Repairing Our Foundations
A Series of Preaching and Teaching on
Affordable Housing in Nashua
The Interfaith Housing Justice Group is a group of leaders and members of communities of faith committed to increasing safe, affordable housing in the Nashua area.
This fall, we are offering a series of events to the Nashua community to reflect, educate, and conduct conversations on this critical issue.
- September 28 & 29, 2019 – Sermons on the topic of affordable housing
- October 20, 2019 – A community “World Café” conversation
- October 30, 2019 – Meet with city leaders on the issues
We all know people who have struggled to find and keep safe and affordable housing, but did you know:
- that we have a rental vacancy rate of less than 1% (though we need 5% to have a healthy rental market)?
- that a family needs an income of $50,802/year to afford a two-bedroom apartment in the Greater Nashua area?
- that the median household income here is $42,000/year?
- that there ARE policy actions we can take to improve this situation?
Join us at one or more of the following events to learn what you can do to make Nashua work better for everyone.
* All data from NH Housing Finance Authority’s 2018 Residential Rental Cost Survey *
“Is this not the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? It is not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?” Isaiah 58:5-7
Religious Sermons on Affordable Housing
Saturday, September 28
Temple Beth Abraham – 11:00 am
Sunday, September 29
UU Church of Nashua – 10:00 am
Nashua Presbyterian Church – 10:00 am
Congregational Church of Hollis, UCC – 9:00 and 10:30 am
Main Street United Methodist – 10:30 am
Christ the King Lutheran – 9:30 am
The First Church—8:30 and 10:00 am
Arlington Street United Methodist—10:00am
and other faith homes
4:00 – 5:30 pm – Sunday October 20, 2019
Temple Beth Abraham, Nashua
This will be an interactive and educational event presented by Granite State Organizing Project (GSOP) and Interfaith Housing Justice Group. It will be designed to inform you about the issues of affordable housing in Nashua, introduce you to skills needed to address these issues, and identify how you can make a difference.
Free, but preregistration suggested: CLICK HERE or go to https://tinyurl.com/yyhvw8qz.
Public Meeting with City Leaders
6:00 – 7:30 – Wednesday October 30, 2019
Call Aron at 603-668-8250 for registration and location details