The Manchester chapter of GSOP continues its efforts to invite more people of faith along with their faith communities to work with us in bringing about positive changes in our city. This work includes:
• supporting immigrant and refugees’ rights through attending vigils and meeting with elected officials to advocate for policies that keep families together.
• advancing youth voice in the local school system.
• addressing substandard housing, code enforcement issues, and tenants’ rights.
• organizing tenants’ councils in public housing.
• working to increase access to affordable, quality healthcare and childcare.
• working for low-wage workers’ rights.
• organizing to raise the state minimum wage for all.
• and we encourage people to share their stories of what it is like to raise a family on minimum wage in a city with average rents of $1,000+ for a two bedroom apartment.